In order to further promote research work among young economists, the Central Bank of the Republic of Kosovo (CBK) has created the opportunity of awarding a prize for the best study submitted by young economists. Papers should be of any field that relates to the Financial Sector and Economic Development in Kosovo. Therefore, the CBK will organize a special publicity session for the two or three best submitted papers, which conditions are specified below:
1. The submitted theses must meet the requirements of a scientific work. It can be in the form of a diploma thesis (Bachelor), post graduate (master) thesis or in the form of a doctoral thesis (PhD).
2. To be eligible for the award, authors must be currently enrolled in a graduate program, or have completed such a program no more than 12 months before the submission deadline, and must be the primary author on the paper to be submitted.
3. The theses must be short written in English or Albanian.
4. Format: the submitted paper shall have no more than 25 pages; its font shall be Times New Roman 12, double space. The executive summary shall have no more than one page and the list of all references shall be attached to the paper.
5. The selection committee, consisting of CBK staff and a representative from academia field, not only selects the papers to be published by the CBK but may also suggest one or more of the competing young economists for being awarded. The selection committee will judge the papers using the general criteria adopted by the CBK Executive Board: (a) interest of subject area to the Kosovo economy; (b) quality of scientific research or synthesis; and (c) quality of writing. In addition, research and writings of others included in the paper submitted should be appropriately identified in footnotes and bibliographic references.
6. First price will be awarded with EUR 700, the second prize with EUR 550 and the third one with EUR 450.
7. Without prejudice to Rule No. 6 The final decision on the number of prizes depends on the quality of the papers submitted and is taken, in the end, by the selection committee. Therefore, it is by no means obligatory that one or more prizes are awarded.
8. Previous award winners and current employees of the Central Bank of the Republic of Kosovo cannot apply with their papers in this competition.
9. Students interested in applying can apply:
- By submitting papers in electronic version (pdf) at email@example.com, accompanied by three written copies sent in the following address: Central Bank of the Republic of Kosovo (CBK), Attn. CBK Award to Young Economists, 33 Garibaldi Street, Prishtina, Republic of Kosovo.
- Name of the Topic leader and the respective University/Faculty.
- Copy of ID.
10. Deadline for submission will be: 30 October 2019.