Economy in times of the pandemic, the impacts of COVID-19 on the domestic and international economy
In order to promote research among young economists in Kosovo, the Central Bank of the Republic of Kosovo (CBK) has created the opportunity of awarding a prize for the best study presented by young economists.
The papers for this award should be of the field of financial sector and economic development in Kosovo, with special emphasis, adapting to the new circumstances created during 2020 in the country and the global economy. Considering the relevance of the circumstances created by COVID-19, this time the topic that needs to be elaborated is the following: "Kosovo's economy in times of pandemic, the impacts of COVID-19 on the domestic and international economy".
In this regard, the CBK will organize a special event to announce the best submitted papers, as defined in the following text;
1. The submitted thesis must meet the criteria of a scientific work. It can be in the form of a bachelor's thesis, a master's thesis or in the form of a doctoral (PhD) thesis.
2. For this application, the authors must prepare the exclusive thesis, the paper which they can complete while the competition is still open. The candidate must be the lead author of the submitted paper.
3. The thesis must be written in Albanian or English.
4. Format: the submitted paper must not be more than 25 pages long while the font must be Times New Roman, size 12, double space. The executive summary must not be longer than one page and the list of all references must be attached to the paper.
5. The selection committee, composed of CBK staff and a representative from the academia, not only selects the papers to be published by the CBK, but may also suggest one or more of the young competing economists to be awarded the prize.
The selection committee will judge the papers using the general criteria approved by the CBK leaders: (a) the subject's interest in the Kosovar and international economy (b) the quality of scientific research or synthesis, and (c) the quality of writing. In addition, the research and writings of others included in the submitted paper must be well identified in the footnotes and bibliographic references.
6. The first prize will be awarded 1000 Euros, the second prize will be awarded 700 Euros and the third prize with be awarded 500 Euros.
7. Without prejudice to Rule No. 6, the final decision on the number of awards depends on the quality of the submitted papers and will be taken, in the end, by the selection committee. Therefore, it does not necessarily mean that the number of rewards be one or more than one.
8. Previous award winners and current employees of the Central Bank of the Republic of Kosovo cannot apply with their papers in this competition.
9. Students interested in applying may apply:
– By submitting their papers in electronic version (pdf), at firstname.lastname@example.org
accompanied by three written copies sent to the following address: Central Bank of the Republic of Kosovo (CBK), Attn. The CBK Award to Young Economists, Street "Garibaldi" No. 33, Prishtina, Republic of Kosovo.
– Name of the mentor of the thesis and the respective University/Faculty. (In case students cooperate with their professors while working on the thesis)
– Copy of the ID.
10. The deadline for submission will be: 15 September 2020.