The Central Bank of the Republic of Kosovo (CBK) has created the opportunity of awarding a prize for the best study submitted by young economists. Papers should be of any field that relates to the Financial Sector and Economic Development in Kosovo.
This award is aimed to promote quality research and/or high quality presentation of a topic among Kosovo’s young economists, both within and outside Kosovo. It is important to acknowledge research papers and/or economic studies by young economists of Kosovo. Therefore, the CBK will organize a special publicity session for the two to three best submitted papers and an annual prize for the very best paper(s) will be granted accordingly.
1. The submitted theses must meet the requirements of a scientific work. It can be in the form of a diploma thesis (Bachelor) or post graduate (Master) thesis.
2. The author must be a citizen of Republic of Kosovo. 3. The author must be currently enrolled in a graduate program, or have completed such a program no more than 12 months before the submission deadline, and must be the primary author on the paper to be submitted.
4. The theses must be written in English or Albanian.
5. Format: the submitted paper shall have no more than 25 pages, font Times New Roman 12, double space. The executive summary shall have no more than one page and the list of all references shall be attached to the paper.
6. The selection committee, consisting of CBK staff and a representative from academia, not only selects the papers to be published by the CBK but may also suggest one or more of the competing young economists for being awarded. The selection committee will judge the papers using the general criteria adopted by the CBK Executive Board: (a) interest of subject area to the Kosovo economy; (b) quality of research or synthesis; and (c) quality of writing. In addition, research and writings of others included in the paper submitted should be appropriately identified in footnotes and bibliographic references.
7. The final decision on whether one or more prizes will be awarded in a certain year depends on the quality of the papers submitted and is taken, in the end, by the selection committee. Therefore, it is by no means obligatory that one or more prizes are awarded each year. The annual amount of the “CBK Award to Young Economists” is set at euro 1,700. First price will be awarded with euro 700, the second prize with euro 550 and the third one with euro 450.
8. Submission: papers together with the copy of ID Card of Republic of Kosovo should be submitted in electronic version at (firstname.lastname@example.org) accompanied by three written copies sent in the following address: Central Bank of the Republic of Kosovo (CBK), Attn. CBK Award to Young Economists, 33 Garibaldi Street, Pristina, Republic of Kosovo.
9.Submission deadline: October 30, 2015